Under the direction of the Area/Region Manager, the Store Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations and financial performance of their assigned store through merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs. This position will have direct supervision over the Assistant Store Manager and the Customer Service Representative roles.
Primary: Oversees the full employee life cycle from recruitment to separation, including:
- Human Resources
- Recruitment and selection
- Orientation and training
- Employee development
- Counseling and corrective action
- Hourly scheduling and payroll management
Customer Service and Satisfaction: Ensures that all policies, procedures and employee functions are consistently being followed, contributing to the highest level of customer satisfaction and growth of store. Responsible for ensuring the store remains staffed at all times.
Store Safety and Security: Maintains a safe environment inside and outside of the store by following proper security procedures and prioritizing employee and customer safety.
Store Cleanliness and Upkeep: Ensures that the highest level of cleanliness is maintained inside and outside of the store at all times.
Building and Equipment Maintenance: Conduct frequent audits of preventive maintenance tasks and report equipment and building maintenance issues, escalating significant issues to Area/District/Regional Manager; troubleshoot equipment and perform minor repairs.
Retail: Maintains a good visual presentation of retail products at all times; keeps sufficient assortment and inventory levels. Train employees in processing sales and upselling to customers.
Wash/Dry/Fold: Provides a consistent quality product to the customer while keeping associated costs low. Addresses customer concerns, issues and claims in a timely and satisfactory manner.
Cash/Office Functions and Accountability: Accurately and honestly reports all monies and store information; immediately notifies and reports any discrepancies to Area/District/Regional Manager.
Marketing and Promotions: Participation in and execution of promotional programs.
Policies and Procedures: Ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Financials: Submit accurate and timely sales and other information on a weekly basis; executes initiatives to improve the store financial performance; suggest ways to improve sales or reduce costs
All other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of two years either multi-unit or big box retail management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of commercial laundry products and payment systems is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- English proficiency required
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to build good customer relationships quickly.
- Intermediate level of computer skills, including exposure to Microsoft Office products.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends. Able to answer calls off-shift to attend to store emergencies.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Position involves standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, stooping, bending, and lifting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.